HUG is an independently operated user group – meaning it is run by the users of DST Health Solutions’ (DSTHS) products and services. Established in 1983, HUG’s purpose was intended to provide DSTHS’ clients with a forum to gain additional insight into products and services; to provide input on product and services changes and future DSTHS product direction; to work with DSTHS to improve the quality of the product and services it licenses; and to network with other users to discuss key issues affecting our industry.
HUG holds the combined DSTHS products and services (AMISYS Advance™, PowerMHC®, PowerMHS®, PowerSTEPP®, and Outsourcing / Application Services Provider (ASP)) user group conference annually, generally in April or May. Conference sessions may include motivational, educational and/or industry speakers selected by the HUG Board; a general DSTHS update as well as product updates; new product demonstrations; workshops; and other training opportunities. DSTHS also provides a high level DSTHS state-of-the-union presentation, given by the president, and facilitates the software committee sessions for each product line.
At their discretion, HUG members may choose to hold product-specific conferences, generally in October or November, and usually near the product line’s primary base of operations. PowerMHC is usually held in the Metropolitan Detroit area, PowerMHS and PowerSTEPP are held in Birmingham, Alabama, and the AMISYS Advance site is held in Kansas City, MO. DSTHS owns the majority of the agenda content and works closely with the elected HUG product line vice president and board members to build a product-specific agenda.
Just like the Amisys Synertech, Inc. (ASI) users group and customer conference, participating plan size varies from small to medium, to large well-established national organizations. Conference attendees are typically CIOs; CFOs; executive directors; as well as IT, claims, and member services management.
HUG’s membership is open to all users who have licensed or are under contract to use any DSTHS software product and/or service. With the acquisition of ASI by DST, HUG membership is open to ASI users effective June 2010 (HUG’s 2010-2011 fiscal year).
Annual dues are assessed at $300 per company per year. Dues make it possible for this independent group to operate and coordinate conferences for all DSTHS users. HUG services also include a conference call service, web page, directory of members, and an on-site meeting planner for all conferences. The dues letter is sent in June and only one payment is required per company.
There are many other benefits to joining HUG:
- The combined membership of DSTHS’ AMISYS Advance, PowerMHC, PowerMHS, and PowerSTEPP users will enable HUG to
- support DSTHS’ current and future product strategy of “build it once, use it many times;”
- provide a stronger, more unified and influential voice for all of DSTHS clients with regard to DST’s healthcare product and services strategic direction;
- secure better venues and national speakers for its annual spring meeting.
- have the opportunity to exchange ideas with other DSTHS users from across the country and DSTHS staff,
- are exposed to and learn about new trends in the industry as well as specific DSTHS processes and goals,
- are eligible for board member and officer positions,
- have voting privileges at annual meetings,
- receive discounted registration fees for the annual spring conference.
The names and positions of all HUG board members and officers are:
Healthcare Users Group (HUG) Board Members and Officers – 2016 / 2017
VACANT, MHC VICE PRESIDENT